Monday, March 17, 2014

Nick's 30 Day Paleo Challenge- Day 27

I finally am getting back to a good sleep schedule. I woke up on Sunday morning at around 11am. I went to sleep at 1 am.

I woke up to this really great meal:


I am trying to cut back on the bacon since it really made me feel like crap the day before. After I ate this I laid around the house for a while and watched some TV. I didn't really do to much until 5 pm. I had no bacon yesterday.

At this point I really started craving something sweet. I haven't had one of these cravings in weeks. It sucks when you get them because you are entirely ready to throw the whole diet and everything out the window. I really wanted some spaghetti followed up by a piece of chocolate cake. I held off though and decided to make some Paleo Banana Bread.

I headed over to the Amish market to pick up some Coconut Flour as well as some fruit. I'll share the recipe at the end of this post for anyone who wants to try it. While shopping I came across my 3rd favorite Chip:

POPCORNERS!!! Man I love them. I miss them. :(

I got what I needed and got out of there fast. Shortly after I was back in the kitchen mixing everything for the Banana Bread.

While the Bread was baking I started cooking some steaks, broccoli and made a mean Club Soda with Lemon and Lime. The Banana Bread did not come out as expected and I attribute that to not using Coconut Oil. Instead I used Grass Fed Butter. The Coconut Oil gives it that nice little sweet, moist taste. Lesson learned. I didn't use Coconut Oil because I try to conserve it as much as possible since it costs around $19 a bottle. Total Ripoff. When making Banana Bread, Use Coconut Oil. It makes all the difference.

Here is how the Banana Bread turned out. Not the greatest, but got me over my urge so I'm grateful to this Banana Bread.


The Paleo March continues...BOOM


Nick's World Famous Paleo Banana Bread:
4 bananas, (2 1/2 cups mashed or 575 grams)(they can be yellow bananas)
4 eggs
1/2 cup almond butter (140 grams)(or coconut, sunflower seed, macadamia nut, etc butter)
4 tablespoons grass-fed butter, melted (can substitute coconut oil)
1/2 cup coconut flour (75 grams)(or almond flour, macadamia nut meal, etc)
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder (gluten free or homemade)
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of sea salt
Instructions

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit Combine your bananas, eggs, and nut butter, and grass-fed butter in a blendtec, blender, food processor, or mixing bowl and mix well (if using a mixing bowl you need a good hand-mixer) Once all of your ingredients are blended, add in your coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and sea salt and mix well Grease a 9×5 glass (see notes) loaf pan with a fat of your choice (I used grass-fed butter). If you use a metal pan it will probably bake in 35-40 minutes so start checking at 35 to ensure the middle stays moist Pour in your batter and spread it evenly throughout Place in your preheated oven and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean Remove from oven and flip your bread out onto a cooling rack Slice and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment