Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Nick's 30 Day Paleo Challenge- Day 16


As I am writing this I am absolutely starved and about to face the Bread Brigade downstairs at Breakfast. They are serving all different types of really good bread as well as chocolate croissants. FML.  They even have cake for breakfast. Instead Ill have fruit, cold eggs and black coffee. Delicious!!!

Yesterday was pretty uneventful. I got to work about 9am and stayed until 6:30pm. I didn’t go out once during the day, they brought lunch in. The one benefit to smoking was you were guaranteed a few trips outside everyday which is nice. I use to sit there and smoke and recap on what happened since I was last downstairs having a smoke. Although in Greece, its amazing the places people smoke here. They still let people smoke at restaurants. It’s like China.

I had Chicken and Greek Salad for lunch today. I also found out that traditionally Greek salad (as it is served in Greece) does not have any lettuce—kind of odd, no? Throughout the day I had about 2-3 cups of coffee (black). They didn’t have Almond milk here so adding a cream wasn’t an option. For dinner I had some more grilled chicken (reoccurring theme) and smoke grilled lamb. The chicken was great and they serve cut it up into pieces for me (kind of like the way Mom used to cut the food for me) which I love. I believe when they serve it already cut up for you that it tastes better (opinion).

Not enough veggies or fruit yesterday and I am feeling that as I write this. I’m hungry and slightly worn down. I haven’t really seen any places selling fresh produce (I know they exist, but haven’t had the chance to venture around much). There is a Starbucks near my hotel but it was not open at 7am (amazing).

So my meeting is at 10am today (the reason I am here) and afterwards I am thinking of hitting up the Acropolis and starting to do all that fun tourist stuff.

I like Greece and its amazing to be here, which I’m grateful for, but this week in combination with last week (Chicago) has thrown off all my eating patterns. Having healthy options that are satisfying is difficult to do when you are away from home and I am feeling that now.

Talk to you guys tomorrow.

Nick

p.s. I do feel like I have lost some lbs (mostly because I haven’t been eating—not good).

No comments:

Post a Comment